Friday, March 13, 2009

Teased by Spring

Last weekend was beautiful, with temperatures hovering near 60 degrees. It was so nice, in fact, that I ignored my training plan, which called for a rest week. On Saturday I met my friends in Lexington for my new favorite route through Lincoln, Sudbury & Wayland. By the time I got home, I had logged 3 hours on the cyclo-computer.

Jean, Michele A, Sallie, Janet L, & Christine

Sunday, when I probably should have just been spinning easily for an hour, I rode with Janet R and Michele A from Lexington on a modified version of the Tuesday women's ride and ended up with 2.5 hours (and did I mention the unbelievable headwind?).

Of course all of this weekend activity was preceded by a 2.5 hour advanced yoga class on Friday night. After I got home on Sunday all I wanted to do was lie on the couch and not move for the rest of the day.

That's why it's taken me so long to update my blog this week. I have been feeling quite tired. I don't think it helped to wake up to an inch of snow on the ground on Monday morning. That was a shock to the system. After such a spring-like weekend, and the onset of daylight savings time, I was ready to put winter behind me. But no! New England always gives us snow just when we think it's all over, so why would this year be any different?

I was really hoping that a week in Hawaii would have helped dispel the winter blahs, but I am still longing for summer. I am so glad that I am going to escape to Arizona in a couple of weeks. I am seriously jonesing for some sunshine and temps above 60.

No comments: