Sunday, February 8, 2009

Loving the warm weather

What a nice weekend! I took advantage of the warmer weather and got out on my road bike both days this weekend. On Saturday I did a quick 18 mile solo ride and on Sunday I rode out to Lexington Center to do a group ride with my favorite girls from the cross season. Loraine, Leah, Christine, Janet R and I rode over to Trapelo Road and up to Walden Pond, across to Concord Center, then down 62 into Bedford, then over the Col du Lexington (Page Hill) and back to Lex Center. We clocked in around 22 miles. My personal total was 38 miles for the day.

It was extremely melty and although most of us were sporting fenders, the spray coming off the bikes was still epic. When I got home and saw my face I burst out laughing. I had speckles of mud all over it and I even had some on my teeth. Christine described it perfectly when she said she looked like a chimney sweep. We saw Jean C in Concord Center and we couldn't believe how clean she looked. Guess you get to stay that way when you don't have yourself glued to someone's wheel. :-)

I hosed down my bike when I got home and it almost looks new again. It was a great ride and so much fun to be out with friends I hadn't seen since my last cross race in November.

No comments: