Friday, December 19, 2008

Found Kitten!

Thursday night G spotted a lost kitten wandering the streets of H20town. The poor little guy was skittish, cold, and very hungry. G asked me to come in the car with food and treats. I also brought a cat carrier, because it was too cold for the little guy to stay out overnight, especially with the storm coming.

I've never seen any creature gobble up food the way that kitten did. It was something to behold. He was thin, but not emaciated, yet it seemed as if he hadn't eaten for days. He sprinted to the treats and gobbled them up in a flash. I think I blinked and they were gone. It was amazing.

We brought him home and sequestered him in the spare bedroom. Our two cats are extremely suspicious and keep sniffing the air while giving us evil looks. They want to know what's behind that closed door.

Meanwhile, we're posting ads on the lost and found section of Craigslist and I've called and emailed the Watertown Animal Control Officer (although her voicemail says she's out of the office until January 5th, so I'm not sure how helpful that will be). G took these beauty shots and created a flyer to post in the neighborhood. Tomorrow we'll try to get him scanned for a microchip to see if we can locate his owner.



I have to say, though, he's an adorable kitten. He's unbelievably friendly and loving and I would love to keep him (but I'm sure that L&R would have something nasty to say about that development).

I guess we'll see what happens. If anyone has any other ideas on how to find the owner of a lost cat, please let me know.

No comments: